It has been a while since the last weekend links post. I am slowly going back to normalcy and getting back to a regular blogging schedule. It’s not easy, but it’s happening. So here’s a month worth of links. More next week!
* My friend Michl has a record label called Taken By Surprise records and he released an awesome summery record by a band called Role Models. He also posted it on his blog to download for free. No excuses not to listen to it (and then order it).
* Hipstercrite wrote about ways to get more traffic on your blog without getting naked. It’s just easier to show some ass, though. She also wrote about pubes.
* Did you know there are some free movies available on youtube? No? Me neither.
* This online SLR camera simulator is pretty good.
* Mini banoffee pies need to be made SOON.
* Laura shared scans from a Victorian schoolbook. And I loved them.
* Krisatomic went to Iceland and her photos are amazing as usual with the added bonus that they’re of Iceland! I’m so jealous. I also really want her chronic bitchface print.
* Lou-Lou tells you how to increase your serotonin levels.
* Strawberry basil lemon soda sounds like the drink I’ve been waiting for my entire life.
* I always love Miss Moss’ comparison posts, but Bright Star and paintings? This is definitely my favourite.
* The Cereal Critic is back, the blogosphere is now much, much better.
* I wasn’t familiar with Vivian Maier’s work, but I love it.
* Zoe’s self portraits are really really good.
* Apps and program to create your own patterns.
* I love Celeste’s mapping Europe project.
* Elsie wrote about finding balance between working and living.
* Lizzie Stewart illustrated Mrs. Dalloway for The Folio Society. I really want to get it.
* The ever-wise people from thought catalog tell us how to approach 30.