Amazing Bookshops Around the World is a regular feature on my blog that started when I realised that, when it comes to taking photos, a nice little bookshop is worth a thousand monuments. Its aim is to make a virtual guide of special bookshops all over the world. You know which ones I’m talking about, the nice independent ones, the ones with the incredible events, the ones with cosy cafés, the ones you just want to live in.
This will one day become a zine. A book-themed zine that will also include illustrations, lists, and other bookish things.
Of course, this is a pretty ambitious project and, I haven’t even been out of Europe in my life. And that is why I need your help. Do you know a special bookshop? Do you know where to get English books in Slovakia? Did you have the best coffe of your life in a little bookshop in Rome? I want to hear from you.
Here’s what I will need from you:
- A description of the place. What it’s like, what we can expect to find there, if they have any special features or good events, what your favourite thing about it is…
- A link to the bookshop’s website (if applicable).
- Some photos. If you don’t have any, don’t worry. Just write me the text and I’ll do my best to find some.
- A link to your blog/social media sites.
Obviously all posts will be properly credited to their author and will not be printed without authorization.
- Any Amount of Books (London)
- Mr. B’s Emporium of Reading Delights (Bath)
- Page 45 (Nottingham)
- Rooke Books (Bath)
- Rude Shipyard (Sheffield)
- East of Eden (Berlin) (RIP)
- Books of Wonder (New York)
- Derby Square Bookshop (Salem)
- Powell’s City of Books (Portland)
- The Book Barn (Niantic, CT)